Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I hate writing, I love having written."

Ever find yourself thinking "Oooh, I wish I'd said that!" ... This Jersey gal likely never had that experience in her entire life! She always nailed it, on the spot.

So when you think of women you admire, here's one who will never steer you wrong.




"Lady, lady, never start
Conversation toward your heart;
Keep your pretty words serene;
Never murmur what you mean.
Show yourself, by word and look,
Swift and shallow as a brook.
Be as cool and quick to go
As a drop of April snow;
Be as delicate and gay
As a cherry flower in May.
Lady, lady, never speak
Of the tears that burn your cheek-
She will never win him, whose
Words had shown she feared to lose.
Be you wise and never sad,
You will get your lovely lad.
Never serious be, nor true,
And your wish will come to you-
And if that makes you happy, kid,
You'll be the first it ever did."
Dorothy Parker

She who also said:


"The cure for boredom is curiosity.
There is no cure for curiosity."


and


"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think."



And my personal favorite:


"If all the girls at the Yale prom were laid end to end, [wait for it]

I wouldn't be a bit surprised."



So, ladies, if you find yourself in need of a nice quip to hone the edge of your tongue, try this site on for size. Dorothy witticisms guaranteed to make you feel sharp as a tack.


I mean, who else gets up in the morning, "brushes her teeth and sharpens her tongue"?? just yummy!


Oh, and PS


A HUGE thank you to Margie for reading my novel and loving it so. Onward! I think I'll start the next one now.


Hmmm.... where did i put that list of agents?



Happy Birthday, Paul Cezanne!

No comments:

Post a Comment