Tuesday, April 13, 2010


"When a man's an empty kettle
He should be on his mettle
And yet I'm torn apart
Just because I'm presumin'
That I could be kinda human
If I only had a heart"



And let's not forget Elizabeth Gilbert's memorable words, which should give us pause but never seem to stop us in time:

"I have fallen in love more times that I can count with the highest potential of a man, rather than the man himself, and then hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes for too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness... in romance I have been the victim of my own optimism."

And from my sweet sweet Larry McMurtry and his Telegraph Days: "Stinginess is one of the qualities I can't tolerate in a fellow. A man who can't be freehanded with you in a store is likely to backhand you somewhere along the way."

(Times like these I rely on other peoples' words as i have trouble finding my own.)

So! I guess that pretty much sums it up. Another fifteen years in two measly paragraphs.


No comments:

Post a Comment