Yet another News flash!
Why everyone isn't organizing a national strike is unfathomable. Our middle eastern fellow planet citizens have put us all to shame. But that's because they're fed up, and aren't worried about ruining their FICO scores if they go against the man.
It's only going to get worse, and everyone knows it. the corporatization of our government has gone that deep.
And I'm considered a glass half full kinda gal."
Make no mistake about it. The men I'm referring to think of themselves as liberals, possibly even progressives! They "contributed" to Obama! They try to help out! (Meaning they write occasional checks, which for them is like donning an anodyne necklace against the nagging conscience that threatens to expose the myth of their deservedness.) Such is the nature of self-flattery, of rigid denial that your greatest fear is that you'll actually have to share what you have with anyone who actually needs it. For God's sake! The needy (anyone whose survival is at risk, most people these days) are scary! Who knows when they'll stop asking? And anyway, aren't they really just lazy? Why didn't God bless them with what I've got? (Not earned, got. This followed by an hysterical rant about how scary life is for the marginally wealthy.)
I forget who wrote this list of remedies for the country's dilemma, but it's a good one. (Probably found it on Zero Hedge comments or somewhere) Check it out, then let's organize a national strike, as someone in Harper's magazine suggested years ago, I think it was before the Nov. 06 elections. It's our only source of power, that and just stop buying stuff that isn't absolutely essential to survival.
Here's the guy's list of remedies. Remember he's a financial guy, but that's where the giant enema needs to be placed first.
"1) CFTC enforcing position limits.
2) SEC fining abusive companies like CITI when they repeatedly commit blatant fraud.
3) Curtail revolving door jobs between government regulators and the industries they regulate.
4) Re-institute Glass-Steagall
5) Forbid banks from evading US regulatory controls via subsidiaries in other countries; penalty: no business in the US.
6) Remove "felonies" as penalties for failure to follow administrative rulings, and add require knowledge the party intended to break the law (versus catching you in a regulatory trap where interpretation is up to a bureaucrat).
7) Forbid the Federal reserve or federal government from bailing out investment banks. Eliminate moral hazard and eliminate monopolistic entities in banking.
8) Stop Congress or legislative bodies from using "insider" information to trade.
9) Automatic recusal of regulators and bankruptcy trustees with conflicts of interest.
10) Pass legislation that requires the losing party to pay attorney fees. That'd severely pinch the ability to mis-use the court system.
11) Create an appeals process from Administrative rulings that allow US citizens the right to appeal decisions into state or federal court.
12) Limit the amount of money printing the FED can do to a % of currency outstanding, and limit FED purchases of US debt to a threshhold at a % of budget. This would force politicos to actually figure out if they can finance their over-spending without FED support.
13) Institute corporate bonus structure for key executives that requires vesting of a portion of their bonus into the future. Half up-front, remainder payable over 3 additional years tied to company performance. (Creates long-term incentives and supports rape-and-flip management).
14) Eliminate collective bargaining for all public employess except for salaries.
15) Require "signoff" by Congress/Senate, by bill section, indicating they read those sections of the bill, and require 'bill genesis' to indicate which party added specific language into the bill's history. Eliminate "voice vote" to force accountability for legislation.
16) Force congress to oversee administrative agencies, and an omsbudsman process to report administrative abuse which would be a matter of public record.
17) Forbid "law enforcement" activities that include use of firearms by non-law enforcement agencies like: IRS, EPA, Forest Service, BLM, etc. Law enforcement must be present if law-enforcement activities are required.
18) Require Congress to cite the Constitutional grounds or Supreme Court rulings for legislation it passes.
How's that for some appetizers?
Freedom baby. It's yours to defend."