Thursday, September 16, 2010

Market Day in the market town....

I ventured down to Market Day today and met some jolly people; got two lovely rainbow trout for supper for 6 pounds twenty, a good deal as they were fresh and he gutted them right there for me. Then some very nice bread, "good french flour" the woman said, won't crumble apart like the english bread does when i slice it for toast, some very nice tomatoes and broccoli-ettes. The butcher shop caught my eye, as did the Max Headroom sign. Those metal posts in the middle of the road which block traffic from the center of town? They submerge to make way for busses to pass and then re-emerge like magic. Truly, I thought I was hallucinating. So here's a bit of my day in pictures, along with a Ford model you won't see across the pond.
























Ciao for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment